PNA welcomes event hosts. We ask that you secure your facility and submit the PNA Date Approval Form. We have key contact people for different types of events (pool meets, open water events and clinics) and this form goes to all of them. The assigned person will get back to you to help you determine what you need to have your event approved.
Pool Meets Sanction Process:
1. Secure facility for desired date, submit desired and second choice dates on PNA Meet Date Request Form. PNA Meets Coordinator will advise if/when the PNABOD approves your date.
2. Secure Meet Referee. List of PNA USA-S certified referees available here.
3. If using PNA Order of Events Rotation, contact Linda Chapman for specific Order of Events.
5. Get placeholder Club Assistant URL from Linda Chapman
6. Create Meet Budget using Excel template.
7. Read, electronically sign, and return PNA Meet Agreement Form
8. Once the above has been completed, go to www.USMS.org, –> Competition, –> Sanction An Event. Supply info as requested. When complete, click SUBMIT. An auto-generated notification of the sanction request will be emailed to Linda Chapman.
9. Within a week (usually no more than 1 day) Linda will approve the sanction request or ask for more info as appropriate.
10. Post meet instructions available here.
EXTENSIVE INFORMATION on hosting and running a meet is available on the USMS website: At USMS.org: For Volunteers–>Guide to Operations–> Meet Management and Sanctions sections and USMS Guide to Sanctions/Recognitions.