PNA welcomes event hosts. We ask that you secure your facility and submit the PNA Meet Date Request Form (step 1 below). We have key contact people for different types of events (pool meets, open water events, and clinics) and this form goes to all of them. The assigned person will get back to you to help you determine what you need to have your event approved.
Pool Meets Sanction Process:
- Secure facility for desired date, submit desired and second choice dates on PNA Meet Date Request Form for July-December 2021 Meets or PNA Meet Date Request Form for January-June 2022 Meets. PNA Meets Coordinator will advise if/when the PNABOD approves your date.
Note: PNA Meet Date Request Forms are fillable with Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar. You can save the document to your computer and email the PDF file for approval.
- Secure Meet Referee. List of PNA USA-S certified referees available here.
- If using PNA Order of Events Rotation, contact Lorraine Masse for specific Order of Events.
- Create Meet Info/Sanction document. Template here. 1-day meet example. 2-day meet example.
- Get placeholder Club Assistant URL from Lorraine Masse.
- Create Meet Budget using Excel template.
- Read, electronically sign, and return PNA Meet Agreement Form
- Once the above has been completed, go to www.USMS.org, –> Competition, –> Sanction An Event. Supply info as requested. When complete, click SUBMIT. An auto-generated notification of the sanction request will be emailed to Lorraine Masse.
- Within a week (usually no more than 1 day) Lorraine will approve the sanction request or ask for more info as appropriate.
- Post meet instructions available here.
EXTENSIVE INFORMATION on hosting and running a meet is available on the USMS website: At USMS.org: For Volunteers–>Guide to Operations–> Meet Management and Sanctions sections and USMS Guide to Sanctions/Recognitions.